Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 16

Towards A Transformative
April 4th, 2013

             Reading the articles and the discussion being made and what we have learned throughout this semester, all links to this week’s reading on really looking into to what is truly suitable for our students’ learning of a second language and how it should be address. Reading the articles, I was reflecting on my own experiences and the struggles I had when I was in school. 
            When I was in elementary it was from kindergarten to 3rd grade that I had taken Spanish. However, I remember having such a difficulty learning English. I really did not had interest in learning English because I remember I was been pushed to learn it and made me dislike English even more. In the article by Lin, she discussed that teachers should not only be teaching English to students, but open and extend their thinking of English and its culture in other ways. 
            We as future teachers and from our own personal experience, have to be very sensitive and really look out for what is best for our students. Learning from this class and the difficulties ELL students have to face, as teacher we need to overcome these challenges and be passionate to help these students because at we are a fundamental key for these students’ learning.     

No comments:

Post a Comment